The Multicultural Sports Club (MSC) under the auspices of MyQ, strives to promote social inclusion through sport by encouraging the concept of sportsmanship and mateship across cultural boundaries while seeking to address the barriers that culturally and linguistically diverse(CaLD) youth have to face when participating in sport. The MSC believes people from multicultural backgrounds are able to make a significant contribution to sport in Australia at all levels, as well as, their broader communities in general. The MSC aims to increase the number of ongoing sporting opportunities for people from CaLD backgrounds by:
- Providing a soft entry into sport across Australia for people from diverse backgrounds;
- Addressing needs and barriers of people from CaLD backgrounds through a range of support services and partnerships;
- Developing a number of multicultural sports teams across a variety of sporting codes;
- Partnering with local, state and national sporting associations as a referral pathway to deliver coaching, umpiring, referee training and ongoing participation; and
- Advocating for a coherent and nationally consistent approach to inclusive engagement and participation, primarily through strong relationships with State Sporting Organisations and local clubs / associations.
The programs and initiatives currently offered by the MSC include:
- Community Taster Sessions;
- MSC Sporting Teams;
- Junior Sport & Recreation Programs;
- Community & Mainstream Competitions; and
- Community Coach & Official Development.