Youth Diversity Training
Working with young people from multicultural backgrounds
The cultural diversity of our youngest citizens continues to grow – 25% of Australia’s 3.7 million young people are from a refugee or migrant background and 11% have arrived in Australia as refugees or migrants.
Access offers a Youth Diversity Training program, based upon the National Youth Settlement Framework, which is designed to enable organisations and services to respond more effectively to the needs of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
What is youth diversity training?
As part of the National Youth Settlement Framework developed by the Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network (MYAN), Access’ Youth Diversity Training program has been designed for staff and volunteers from government and non-government organisations who seek to strengthen their knowledge and practice supporting young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
What we offer
- 1.5 day in-house training
- Customised training sessions to suit your needs
- Online training option available
What does the training cover?
- How practitioners and policy-makers can incorporate the Framework into their work, including how to use the Framework Assessment Tools.
- Factors contributing to good settlement outcomes for young people.
- Good practice in facilitating active citizenship.
- All participants receive copies of the Framework, including additional resources and tools.
Why choose us?
- We live and breathe diversity with a workforce that speaks over 100 languages
- We practice what we preach - the establishment of our Multicultural Youth Queensland program has been integral to providing a voice for multicultural youth in Queensland
- All our trainers have experience working within the sector
- When you choose Access, you are directly contributing to our self-funded initiatives that support newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential
Want to know more?
To arrange a discussion with one of our team email us at [email protected] or call us on 07 3412 9999