The HUB is a key component of our engagement with new arrivals. The HUB is a program which gives new arrivals the opportunity to gain information, learn life skills, build confidence and independence, meet key people and connect with other new arrivals in a safe place. Priority focus areas of the HUB are:
- Navigating Australian culture and systems, including housing, health, legal, education and employment.
- Opportunities to form new cross-cultural friendships and support networks to foster a sense of belonging.
- Building some English language skills and confidence.
- Opportunities to meet key people who can assist clients to engage in pre-vocational activities to improve employment prospects, including volunteer work, education, training and employment workshops.
- Life skills development.
- Opportunities to meet mainstream service providers.
- Youth-specific activities to support the learning, development and wellbeing of newly arrived youth and connect them with appropriate services.