Coordinator - Conservation and Land Care Works (Logan)
The Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and oversee the delivery of SQW Program (Skilling Queenslanders for Work, which is to engage participants from the wider community to participate in programs, which are designed to train and engage participants into employment within the specified area of skills that are gained from the program.
They are also responsible for ongoing monitoring and support for both Host Providers and clients, once a client has been placed into the project and or employment.
SQW Coordinator will be responsible for identifying and implementing a range of solutions that will assist our clients into gaining sustainable skills within but not limited to the Conservation and Land Management (CALM) sector. They will work as part of a dynamic team delivering quality services to culturally and linguistically disadvantaged clients and the general community.
Although this position will be for a fixed term of up to 12 months we envisage that additional opportunities will arise as we continue to grow our presence in the region.
This is a fixed-term contract for 12 months. Any extension will be subject to organisational review prior to the cessation date.
- Ensuring all KPIs are met including record management delivery of works assigned by host provider and all service requirements as stipulated by Access Community Services Limited.
- Establishing relationships with industry to identify training and employment opportunities for clients.
- Provide guidance and advice to Access Community Services Limited on the skills and training activities needed, to allow clients to match the emerging industry and employment requirements.
- Monitoring Project placements and outcomes and preparing regular reporting to your supervisor and Government Bodies managing the contracts.
- Promoting Access Community Services Limited services and maintaining a high profile and professional company image.
- Conducting administrative activities consistent with training Services contractual and legislative requirements, and Access Community Services Limited philosophy.
- Collecting, recording, maintaining and evaluating all required data and complete all other associated administrative tasks in line with Access Community Services Limited policies and procedures, funding body requirements and relevant legislation.
- Manage and supervision at all times of Job seekers / candidates participating in projects.
- Other administrative tasks as required.
- Participate in corporate and community events.
Selection Criteria - Skills & Expertise/ Experience/ Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must possess:
- Tertiary qualification such as Bachelor of Environmental Management or Certificate IV TAE - Conservation and Land Management (CALM).
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with or in the Conservation and Land Management (CALM) sector.
- Proven experience and ability to achieve government contract and organisational KPIs.
- Strong industry connections preferable within the Conservation and Land Management (CALM) sector.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and lasting relationships with a broad range of key stakeholders, including industry and Government and non-Government bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand labour market trends and barriers facing individuals seeking employment.
- Demonstrated experience in Business Development and strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated high-level communication, customer service, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of culturally appropriate and sensitive services to people of CALD background.
- Ability to present to large audiences and deliver training and presentations.
- Intermediate level computer skills and competence in the use of Microsoft based software packages.
- Current Driver’s License
- Working with Children Check
- Rights to Work in Australia
Forward your application addressing the selection criteria in no more than two pages with a current resume to [email protected] by close of business Friday 29th September, 2017.