The Hub is a key component of our engagement with new arrivals. Our Hub uses a place-based approach to service provision. Place-based approaches are those that engage all stakeholders in a collaborative process to identify local solutions to local problems within a specific geographical area or community. Priority focus areas of the Hub are:
- Navigating Australian culture and systems, including housing, health, legal, education and employment.
- Opportunities to form new cross-cultural friendships and support networks to foster a sense of belonging.
- Female-specific cultural exchange activities to strengthen social connections between diverse cultural groups.
- Cultural, sporting and recreational activities.
- English language classes to improve language skills and confidence.
- Literacy and numeracy classes.
- Opportunities to participate in pre-vocational activities to improve employment prospects, including volunteer work, education, training and employment workshops.
- Life skills development.
- Youth-specific activities to support the learning, development and wellbeing of children and young people.