The Employment Officer, will be based at The Exchange at the Gateway (Access Community Services Building). This person will interact with Access Clients, Community and other disadvantaged and mainstream community and register these people on our database. They will be expected to utilise principles of innovation and best business practices, while applying sound knowledge of labour market demographics, job seeker cohorts and employers across their locality. The successful candidate will have the ability to determine work readiness of the people they meet and communicate with managers when the person is deemed not work ready.
This is a fixed-term contract for 12 months. Any extension will be subject to organisational review prior to the cessation date.
- Develop and Manage new and existing business relationships and partnerships, ultimately resulting in revenue growth for the organisation and securing sustainable employment and training opportunities.
- Have the ability to question and record data into Access Employment Register, as well as suitably refer appropriate job seekers to vacancies when they arise to ensure sustainable employment occurs and relationships with employers are maintained and improved.
- Liaise with manager to sell clients to their vacancies, as well as organize prescreening sessions for particular vacancies, with the assistance of the manager.
- Ensure all KPIs are met including targets, budget, outcomes, claims and all service requirements as stipulated by ACEL Manager.
- Provide monthly reports to ACEL Business Manager in accordance with requirements.
- Positively promote ACSL/ACEL and its services, maintaining a high profile and professional company image.
- Participating in professional development and training as required.
- Ability to promote internally and externally the service that you provide, meeting the organisations goal of autonomy.
- Other administrative tasks as required.
- Participate in corporate and community events.
Selection Criteria - Skills & Expertise/ Experience/ Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must possess:
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a broad range of key staff members, so that you are able to drive employment outcomes for local residents, community and Access clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to understand labour market trends, barriers facing clients, and to match clients with employer needs.
- Ability to meet employer needs and understand their business, through discussions with manager.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong positive problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- I.T. Skills including Internet, Email, Word and excel essential.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including Anti-discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, Occupational Health and Safety, Privacy and Freedom of Information.
- Current Drivers License
- Rights to work in Australia
Forward your application addressing the selection criteria in no more than two pages with a current resume to email@example.com by close of business Friday 23rd June, 2017.