Caseworker - SRSS (Band 6)
- Caseworkers are responsible for implementing and monitoring case plans to a caseload of clients.
- This includes providing appropriate information and referral, general living skills assistance and developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with referral agencies.
- Caseworkers may work across various settlement programs.
- This is a fixed-term contract for 6 months. Any extension will be subject to organisational review prior to the cessation date.
This is a fixed-term contract for 6 months. Any extension will be subject to organisational review prior to the cessation date.
- Orient clients into their local community and providing information on property safety and management.
- Provide high quality casework and/ or case co-ordination support to a caseload of clients, consistent with the relevant Policy and Procedure manual and report on progress to the senior caseworkers.
- Provide appropriate information and referral support, develop and maintain effective relationships with partners, stakeholders and external agencies.
- Administer client's fortnightly living allowance.
- Keep accurate and up to date client files and case notes.
- Complete obligatory reporting requirements to deadlines, including Monthly Reports and Critical Incident Reports.
- Operate as an active team member including participation in team meetings, working groups, supervision and other forums.
- Conduct client needs assessment including general and mental health, provide appropriate referrals.
- Provide support, guidance and supervision to the bi-lingual and bi-cultural staff and volunteers.
- Attend and participate in client and operational debriefings.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Supporting clients to achieve positive outcomes.
- Willingness to work in all ACSL service delivery programs.
- Other duties as required to meet operational needs.
- Participate in corporate and community events.
Selection Criteria - Skills & Expertise/ Experience/ Qualifications
To be successful you must possess:
- Must have Degree or Diploma in Teaching.
- Teacher registration in QLD or provisional registration.
- Develop and manage teaching strategies and resources for clients of varying education levels to reflect the appropriate curriculum.
- Conduct and maintain assessments and assist in the continued development of these assessments.
- Develop professional and community relationships with those within and external to the HUB environment.
- Involve teams in reflective discussions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Complete and submit records and reports by due dates.
- Ensure compliance with the program's Operational Manual.
- Current Drivers License.
- Current QLD Paid Blue Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Rights to work in Australia.
Forward your application addressing the selection criteria in no more than two pages with a current resume to email@example.com by close of business Friday 23rd June, 2017.